Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oregon Coast 2012!!

So happy to be at the Oregon Coast!!
Daddy and Ashlyn at Ecola State Park

Looking around at the shops

The awesome house!!

They love their umbrellas from Grandpa and Grandma 

Looking at the ocean 

Loving the beach

Me and my Parker Boy

Making her sand castle

Brooklyn reading to Audrey

Brookie Boo!!
Last week we were so lucky to get the time to go to the Oregon Coast with Brandon's whole family! We usually try and go every year as a little family but we hadn't been in 2 years and it had been way too long since we had gone with his family. The kiddos were so crazy excited to fly on a plane and to spend a whole week with their Grandpa and Grandma and cousins! I was a little nervous to fly with Parker because sitting isn't his favorite thing and in a small confined area...a little scary! But over all I was quite impressed he did great! :) Only a little bit of crying toward the end of the flight. We always stay in the same quaint little town called Cannon Beach. It's so picture perfect! I love it. We all stayed in the huge GORGEOUS beach house. It was seriously amazing we could walk right onto the beach and the view from the deck was breath taking. We spent every day just hanging out, playing on the beach, talking, eating yummy food (Doogers Clam Chowder...the best EVER) and playing games. Brooklyn didn't really remember the ocean and the beach and Parker had never seen the ocean so we were so excited to spend time playing in the sand and putting our feet in the ocean. Parker loved having the waved chase him, he would get really close then wait for the tide to come back to him then run saying, "It's coming it's coming!" He also loved playing in the sand although it was mostly messing up sister's castles but hey what are brothers for, right?! Brooklyn and Ashlyn loved the sand and taking walks on the beach. Ash was so thrilled to play with Jonah and Aidan for the whole week I swear they played so much I barely feel like I saw them! :) Brooklyn loved on Audrey, she was like a big sister, she would play with her and help her in any way she could. It was really sweet to see her love Audrey so much! We can't forget the trip to church on Sunday. Me I usually over pack but I forgot our church clothes so for the first time in my life I wore pants to church! Yep I learned my lesson, always bring at least one skirt just in case! :) We actually made a family record the morning before church too. Brandon and I got us and the 3 kiddos ready in 30 min...yes that was right 30 min!! That has never been done before either. I was quite surprised. I am really glad we went even if I was in the hall with Parker half the time. It's always such a testimony to me that the church is true and it is where ever we are! I love having that reassurance! We took the kids to see the sea lions at the aquarium. Parker loved touching the star fish and anemones. We walked around at the little shops and can't forget the yummy ice cream at The Picnic Basket. We all had so much fun! The Oregon Coast was a blast I am so thankful to have such a wonderful extended family that I feel so close to.

0 comments: