Friday, January 18, 2013

Gobble Gobble!


Our Thankful Turkey!

It's Turkey time again! We started off the festivities by making our yearly Thankful Turkey! He turned out really cute this year. The girls really got into places all the feathers and what they wanted on each feather. Parker even helped out lots too! This year my mom is in a lot of pain with her back and can't really do much so I was able to make all the pies the day before we left and some of the rolls. I had so much fun making 4 different kids of pies. I have only made one other pie in my life so at first I was a little nervous but after I got going I really enjoyed making all of them and seeing how they turned out! So I made a chocolate satin, apple pie with a crumble crust, a mixed berry with a basket weave top, and a pumpkin pie.
All the fun things I learned how to make! 


We then left for Boise on Wednesday morning and got there just in time to have our Thanksgiving dinner with Read's! It's always so wonderful to see our family and get to spend time with them. It was fun to see Rowan, Audrey, and Parker play together and try to talk to one another. Since they are all learning how to talk it's so cute to watch them. :) We are very lucky to also be able to spend a day with each family so we aren't rushing in between both our families on Thanksgiving. We feel very thankful for that!

Helping Grandma Read cook! 


Then Thursday we spent with the Bailey's. It was really fun to make Thanksgiving dinner for my family! It was a little different this year because Aubrey and Kyle started their marriage rotation and were doing Thanksgiving in Utah and Christmas in Idaho. So almost the whole family was there. And we got to have my Grandma and Grandpa Bailey eat with us too. They are always so much fun to talk to! The rest of the day we played games and enjoyed being altogether. Then one of my favorite days of the holidays season Black Friday!! We of course started off our day getting fueled up at Shari's for breakfast! It's so funny we always have such a great time a breakfast before we start our shopping day! We did really good this year and got most of our Christmas shopping done which was nice since December is going to be crazy.  We then got to spend Saturday hanging out with Brandon's family one more day before we headed home. I just love the holidays and the time we get to spend with family. I am so very grateful for so much this year! I will just name a few things; my sweet sweet husband who works so hard to provide for our family and is the most caring man ever and to top that off is the best daddy in the world, my Ashlyn she makes me smile everyday she has this happiness that exudes from her from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to sleep and how she is so willing to help out all the time, my Brookie Boo she is my spunky sweet pea I love how she plays I could just listen to her play all day and she is the best snuggler ever, my Parker Boy and he is all boy that is for sure I love how he is very determined in all he does and I love how he sings with my before bed each night and says "I wuv you mamma!" as I lay him down! I am also so grateful for my family I love being so close to my Mom and Dad, I never thought I would live away from them but even living in another state we are still so close, I'm grateful for my brothers and sisters I don't know what I would do without them! They are my best friends and people I hold so close to my heart I would do anything for them! I am very grateful for the best inlaws ever...they are awesome!! And lastly I am very grateful for the gospel in my life I love how each day I can pray and feel the spirit in my home  I love knowing I get to raise my children in the gospel and having that a rock in our lives. I am grateful Heavenly Father and Jesus, I know without a doubt he knows me, listens to me, and helps me in so many ways! I am so very grateful for this time each year so I can be reminded of all the wonderful things I am thankful for!

0 comments: