Monday, June 1, 2009

Dance Recital



Saturday Ashlyn had her 1st dance recital! I have waited for this for so long, so I was way excited. She did so well, I am so proud of her. Their little outfits looked adorable, and she did almost all of her dance. After she was done she came a sat with us for a minute - but then during another performance she got up out of her seat and took off toward the stage. (First, I have to tell you that she has 2 imaginary friends - Ella and Eva - which at times she refers to as "my girls" and they play and come places with us) She ran up the steps and to the wall on the side part of the stage. Luckily it was not very noticeable, but it was still on stage. She stood in front of the wall, talked to it for a moment, then came back. I was kinda freaking out because I could just see Ashlyn, being her spunky little self, getting on stage and doing her own dance with the other girls up there. But she came right back and I asked her "What were you doing?" Ashlyn responded "Mommy, I was talking to Ella and Eva!" Oh nice! Then we had to have the talk that her "girls" and she need to stay sitting with us until the recital is done. Anyhow, it was so much fun to see her do her dance, and to be a parent watching your child learn a talent is so great. It's never a dull moment when her "girls" come along!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, get that girl in commercials! I finally found your blog! yeah!