Monday, June 22, 2009

Brooklyn is 1!!

Brooklyn at the hospital!

And 1 year later playing with her fun new toys!

Her huge cupcake she didn't really like

Brooklyn's typical sweet innocent face with her big blue eyes!


It is amazing how fast time goes. Brooklyn turned 1 on Friday! Yes, 1. She is such a sweet little girl. She absolutely loves to play with her big sister and copy everything she does. She has a smile on from the moment she wakes up, to when she goes to sleep. Some of my favorite things she does are; when she wakes up she crawls out of her crib next to my bed ( ya I'm too lazy to put her upstairs) then gently kisses me, dances when she hears music or when Ashlyn dances, loves to hug her baby dolls, sits on the 1st step of the stairs and just chills, and tons of more things - those are just a few.

So we had her birthday party with all the family over. We had a cupcake themed birthday. It was so cute and fun. I made tons of cupcakes for the party and was getting things ready when I realized Brooklyn was a little too quiet. So I went into my closet and there she was Indulging in a chocolate cupcake! She had it everywhere. S he looked up at me with a huge smile on her face, as if to say, it was so worth it and so good mommy! So she had fun getting tons of cute clothes and fun toys! Ashlyn was such a good big sister to help open presents and blow out the candle. By the end of the evening she was so exhausted (which maybe her 2 new teeth she cut through today) that she passed out in my lap after everyone left. All in all, it was a wonderful day. I am so glad she is a part of our family. She is so sweet. As I was her grow and develop a relationship with her sister, I am so thankful to be her mommy! Happy 1st Birthday sweetheart!

3 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Wait. . .1. I can't believe it!! she has grown up so fast, what a little sweetie! I love the cupcake theme what a good idea!

Brandon and Lynsay said...

How cute! She is such a doll! I can't wait to have two girls! We definently need to get together, Chloe would love to play. My email is lynz707@hotmail.com, let me know when you girls are free.

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I'd forgotten what a gorgeous newborn she was. Such a dolly!