Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chicken Pox

 This is when they first started to appear! 
Our little Parker Boy had chicken pox!! He had been sick with the flu for 2 days and a really high fever on Wednesday. Then on Thursday I got him out of his crib and saw like 5 chicken pox on his back. I then had to check the rest of him out! His legs and arms had quite a few on them. So I called the doctor and sure enough he had the chickenpox! It had been going around our neighborhood with hand foot and mouth and I knew that Parker would get it because he hadn't gotten his chickenpox vaccine on his last check up because he had pneumonia. He was pretty uncomfortable and grouchy! After they all had broken out for a day or so I counted between 50 and 60 on each leg and about 30 on each arm...he was covered! He didn't sleep more than 2 hours for 2 nights and of course Brandon was out of town! :) But luckily Sunday night he slept really good! He was so cute when I would put calamine lotion on him he would just lay there, I knew he was thinking, "Oh mom this feels so much better!" All in all he didn't do too bad and now we can say we have had the chickenpox!! :) I am glad he is all better now and hopefully we won't have too many scars!

0 comments: