Thursday, November 17, 2011

Parent Teacher Conference

I had my very first parent teacher conference a couple weeks ago and I was kinda nervous but excited at the same time! So at the first of the year Ashlyn's teacher asked if Ashlyn would be a part of an extra reading group after school 2 days a week. I had really mixed emotions about it thinking she was way behind and then she explained it to me that it was for the average students just for them to get extra reading time. So I talked to my mother inlaw, my sister, and my mom and they all said why not do it it can only help her and kids her age love the extra time at school. So I went ahead and had Ashlyn be in Super Readers Club (that's what we call it)! She totally loves it and when she gets home all she wants to do is read more! I am loving how much she reads. So at parent teacher conferences her teacher was telling me that she was just doing so great in school and she loves to help out around the class room which she said was really sweet. Then she told me that she just moved Ashlyn to the top reading group in her class and that she is becoming a wonderful reader! YEAH!! I was so extremely happy! Her teacher is just so sweet and started to tear up and said that watching Ashlyn grasp a hold of reading and find a love for it is what being a teacher is all about and that she is so happy to be her teacher. I am so happy for her teacher and how caring she is and how great Ashlyn is doing in school. She loves every minuet of it! I am having so much fun watching her grow as a student!

0 comments: